For Biographical Information Only - Not a Solicitation for Business
You can download Erich Thalheimer's resume-vitae at: Resume-Vitae
You can download Erich Thalheimer's projects experience list at: Projects-List
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, Amherst, MA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, 1984
- With particular emphasis in noise and vibration
- Teaching Assistant for senior-level vibrations class
In addition, Mr. Thalheimer has attended various technical seminars including:
- Digital Signal Processing (B&K)
- Acoustical Noise Control (B&K)
- Airport Noise & Land Use Planning (Georgia Tech)
- Architectural Lighting & Acoustics (RISOD)
- Light and Lighting (IES)
- Cadna-A Noise Model (DataKustik)
- FHWA TNM Traffic Noise Model (Bolby Associates)
- FAA AEDT Aviation Environmental Design Tool (Volpe)
INCE Board Certified, No. 20104, June 2001
Institute of Noise Control Engineering
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS:
- Curious Challenges Controlling Construction Noise, presented at Wentworth Institute of Technology’s Curious Annex Lecture Series, November 2016. Wentworth 2016 Curious Noise Challenges Presentation
- Quieting the Impact of Transportation with Sound Acoustical Planning, presented and published at the Association for Environmental Health and Sciences 2016 Conference, Amherst, Massachusetts, October 2016. AEHS 2016 Transportation Noise Control
- Fan Manufacturer Sound Power Data – Trust But Verify, presented and published (Paper
No. 017) at Noise-Con 2016, Providence, Rhode Island, June 2016. Noise-Con 2016 Fan Noise Data Paper
and Implementation of an Underwater Construction Noise Program, presented and published (paper no. 120) at Noise-Con 2014, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, September 2014. Noise-Con 2014 Underwater Noise Paper
- A Simpler and Effective Method to Perform Building Vibration Analyses Consistent with FTA's "Detailed" Method, presented and published (paper no. 4) at Noise-Con 2013, Denver, Colorado, August 2013. Noise-Con 2013 Simpler FTA Detailed Vibration Paper
- Clinton Combined Sewer Overflow Construction Noise Program, presented and published (paper no. 88) at Noise-Con 2013, Denver, Colorado, August 2013. Noise-Con 2013 Clinton CSO Paper
- Understanding and Complying with the New York City
Construction Noise Regulations, Plenary Presentation, Opening Ceremony,
Inter-Noise 2012, New York City, New York, August 2012. Inter-Noise 2012 Plenary Speech
- The Five Myths of Construction Noise, presented and
published (paper no 1095) at Inter-Noise 2012, New York City, New York, August
2012. Inter-Noise 2012 Five Myths Paper
- Protecting MIT's Interests During Expansion of the Grand
Junction Rail Line Through Campus, presented and published (paper no 93) at
Inter-Noise 2012, New York City, New York, August 2012. Inter-Noise 2012 MIT Grand Junction Paper
- NYC DEP’s Construction Noise Control Products & Vendor Guidance Sheet, presented at the NIOSH Buy Quiet Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio, November 2011.
- Community Noise Agreements, Monitoring, and Control for Concerts on Boston’s Rose Kennedy Greenway, presented and published at Noise-Con 2011, Portland, OR, July 2011. Noise-Con 2011 Kennedy Greenway Paper
- Construction Vibration Impacts on an FAA Radar Station, presented at the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting 2011, Washington, D.C., January, 2011. TRB 2011 Radar Vibration Presentation
- Using the FHWA’s RCNM Model for the Jerome Park Reservoir Construction Project, presented and published at Noise-Con 2010, Baltimore, MD, April 2010. Noise-Con 2010 RCNM Paper
- NYC Western Rail Yard Construction Noise, presented and published (paper no. 11033) at Noise-Con 2010, Baltimore, MD, April 2010. Noise-Con 2010 NYC WRY Paper
- Sophisticated Noise Modeling at a Power Plant Provides a Win-Win Solution for All, published by Parsons Brinckerhoff in Network Issue No. 70, November 2009. PB Network Issue 70
- Recreational Gun Range Noise - The Price of Freedom, presented and published (paper no. 524) at Inter-Noise 2009, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, August 2009. Inter-Noise 2009 Gun Range Noise Paper
- New York City's New Construction Noise Regulation, presented at the CPWR/NIOSH Working Group Conference, Orlando, FL, March 2009.
- Sustainable Precedents for Construction Mitigation, presented at the Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting 2009, Washington DC, January 2009. TRB 2009 Sustainable Construction Mitigation Presentation
- New York City’s New Construction Noise Regulation, presented at the Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting 2008, Washington DC, January 2008.
- New York City’s New and Improved Construction Noise Regulation, presented and published at Noise-Con 2007, Reno, NV, October 2007. Noise-Con 2007 NYC Noise Regs Paper
- Reduction in City Background Noise Due to Relocation of Artery Traffic into Underground Tunnels, presented and published at Noise-Con 2004, Baltimore, MD, July 2004. Noise-Con 2004 City Background Noise Paper
- Design for Construction Mitigation on the Central Artery/Tunnel Project, presented and published (paper no. GE-015) at the CSCE Canadian Society for Civil Engineering Conference, Montreal, June 2002. Canadian CSCE 2002 Designing for Noise Paper
- Proactive Construction Noise Control Policies Developed for the Central Artery/Tunnel Project’s C17A6 Contract, presented and published (paper 019) at Noise-Con 2001, Portland, ME, October 2001. Noise-Con 2001 CAT C17A6 Noise Paper
- Proactive and Reactive Construction Noise Control Strategy at the Central Artery/Tunnel Project, paper published at the ASCE Civil Engineering Conference, Houston, TX, October 2001. ASCE 2001 Proactive and Reactive Noise Paper
- Modeling of Highway Tunnel Ventilation System Noise for Compliance with Municipal Regulations, presented and published (paper No. 161) at the Air & Waste Management Conference, Orlando, FL, June 2001. AWMA 2001 Tunnel Vent Noise Paper
- CA/T Project’s Construction Noise Program, presented to the Transportation Research Board A1F04 Conference, New York, NY, June 2000.
- The Importance of Community Involvement in a Successful Construction Noise Control Program, invited presentation given at the Acoustical Society of America Meeting, Atlanta, GA, May 2000. ASA 2000 Community Involvement Noise Paper
- Construction Noise Control Program and Mitigation Strategy at the Central Artery/Tunnel Project, presented and published (paper no. 184) at Inter-Noise 1999 Congress and Exposition, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Dec. 1999, and later published as a singly-authored article in Noise Control Engineering Journal (NCEJ, 48(5), Sep-Oct 2000). NCEJ 2000 Big Dig CAT Construction Noise Program Article
- Window Sound Proofing for Construction Noise at the Central Artery/Tunnel Project, presented and published (paper no. 97) at Inter-Noise 1999 Congress and Exposition, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, December 1999. Inter-Noise 1999 CAT C30A1 Windows Paper
- Construction Noise Control in an Urban Setting, presented and published at Tunnel Construction & Piling 99 Symposium, London, September 1999.
- Pistol Noise Spectra Database, published in the USPSA's Front Sight Magazine, March/April 1999.
- Practical Approach to the Measurement and Evaluation of Exposure to Whole-Body Vibration in the Workplace, presented at the University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, and published in Seminars in Perinatology Journal, April 1996. Perinatology 1996 Whole-Body Vibration Paper
- Canton Viaduct Rail Rehabilitation Noise and Vibration Study, presented at Transportation Research Board A1F04 Conference, Boston, MA, July 1995.
Fact check consultant to FOX TV shows "CSI:Miami" and "Bones".
Chronicle WCVB Ch 5 Boston, program aired in February 2001.
The Learning Channel (TLC), program aired in October 2000.
The Discovery Channel (USA), program aired in August 2000.
The Discovery Channel (Canada), program aired in March 2000.
Multiple TV news shows covering noise/vibration issues at the CA/T Project.
Thank you Leo for all you did to establish the wonderful world of acoustical consulting. The world sounds better because of you.